Monday 6 October 2014

Well, it's been a LONG time since my last post. Was it really May?!! Can't even blame the school summer holidays for that one. I meant to post in September after the madness of the summer holidays had gone, but that month just disappeared into nowhere.  Now autumn is in full swing (freezing today), the kids are back at school, and routine has (sort of) returned to our lives.

It's been a busy summer here.  Work has had to take a bit of a back seat over the holidays but I did manage to get some new designs done for the lovely Paper and Cloth to take to Printsource. Other things that have made me happy this summer are I got my first little mention over on the Paper and Cloth blog (I'm seriously easily pleased) and I sold some work at Printsource which made me really happy.

I was a bit disappointed I couldn't finish Lilla's Assignment Bootcamp as I was loving it, but there just aren't enough designing hours in the day for me.  I did use the June theme of ships in bottles for some new nautical work for Paper and Cloth but missed out completely on the final July assignment.

The rest of my summer was filled with taking the kids out and about, a little holiday at the seaside, a huge clear out of the entire house, and a big clear out of my diet. I've finally gone vegan after over 20 years of being vegetarian.  Loving it as well, haven't even missed chocolate which was a nice surprise, thought I'd be desperate.

I've just signed up for another design course (think I'm addicted). I was gonna give online courses a bit of a miss from now on because I've struggled to fit them around proper design work.  However, there's one last course I just couldn't miss out on and that's The Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design Module 3.  Probably the most important of all the courses I've done so far as this one is all about monetising your designs.  I really want to go into manufacturing my own cards, giftwrap, and products (while keeping up the freelancing and licensing) but it's an area I know nothing about, so I decided it's time to do it.  It starts January 2015 and I'll be posting my progress along the way. (I promise...been a bad blogger lately, but as its in January and I'll be trying to stick to my New Years Resolutions (one of which will be do more blog posts) I should be okay)  In the meantime here's a bit of what I got up to on the previous ABSPD course.










Papercutting, markmaking, painting, and photoshopping, plus much more.  I loved Modules 1 and 2 and can't wait for Module 3 to start!

For now though, it may only be early October, but I'm in Christmas mode as I'm working on designs for Christmas 2015  for the lovely people over at Abacus cards.  The white paint's out and it's snowflake painting time for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...